- About Our Work
- Research Prize Projects
- Research Expertise
- Getting Involved
- Contact us
- Small Grants
- Ageing Initiative
- UCL Grand Challenge Evaluation Survey
For_2website_Grand_Challenge_review_event_report.pdfClick below to share this pageTweet
Published: Jan 29, 2015 10:49:05 AM
Published: Jan 21, 2015 12:13:01 PM
Published: Jan 15, 2015 10:43:00 AM
- Nous sommes citoyens: Freedom of Expression after Paris:11 February 2015
- Shape the future of UCL's Grand Challenges Programme: complete our evaluation survey and we will donate £50 to Pathway (the homeless health charity) for every 100 completed surveys
- Watch the short film Celebrating the Grand Challenges
- UCL Researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Activities supported by the 2014-15 GCHW Small Grants Scheme
- Grand Challenges Student Fund: up to £750 available for student led projects – More
UCL Wellbeing Workshop
Friday, 17 February 2012
10am – 5pm
Jeremy Bentham Room, Wilkins Building, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
· £10,000 research prize for the best wellbeing project
· Only 12 places are available
· Apply by Monday, 30 January.
· Attendance is by application only
Convenor / Chair Nick Tyler, Chadwick Professor of Civil Engineering, Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering, Director, UCL Crucible
Facilitator Amanda Scott, facilitate this!
The workshop will bring together a cross-disciplinary group of researchers to identify possible solutions and ways to convert exciting off-the-wall ideas into wellbeing research activity.
The workshop will be guided by a professional facilitator and will build upon the discussions that will take place through Wellbeing Week. The aim of this workshop is to stimulate new thinking and to catalyse collaborations across UCL with researchers who work on different aspects of wellbeing and so take wellbeing research forward.
Participants will be asked to work in cross-disciplinary research project groups to formulate research proposals which will be judged by an expert panel. The winning team will be awarded a research prize of £10,000 which has been donated by UCL Crucible and UCL Grand Challenges.
Andrew Clark Director, Research Planning, Office for the Vice-Provost (Research)
Paul Dalby Reader, Dept of Biochemical Engineering
James Malone-Lee Professor of Medicine Research, UCL Department of Clinical Physiology, Division of Medicine, London Medical School
Nick Tyler Chair
Jo Wolff Professor, UCL Philosophy, Centre for Philosophy, Justice and Health
Please note the following:
1. A programme for the workshop will be announced shortly but please note that attendance from 10am to 5pm on Friday 17th February will be required. Lunch will be provided.
2. Before you apply it is recommended that you prepare your answers to the following application questions beforehand and then paste them into the relevant box in the online form:
· Why do you think you should attend this workshop? (max 50 words)
· Who would you ideally like to work with at the workshop? (max 50 words).
Please note that we have used Eventbrite software to administer your application. It may seem as though you are registering for an event but your application will be considered in the normal way.
3. If you would
like to be considered for participation in the workshop please complete the short
online application form.
4. Please contact Michael Reade, Coordinator, Grand Challenge of Human Wellbeing, OVPR, if you have any questions about the workshop or experience problems making your application:
m.reade@ ucl.ac.uk / 020 7679 8713.
5. If your application is accepted it is strongly recommended that you attend as many of the other discussions and talks which form part of Wellbeing Week – details will be online shortly.
1. Monday, 13th February (5-7pm)
Are we making life worse?
Wellbeing research at UCL: What are we going to do about wellbeing in the next 100 years?
2. Wednesday 15th February (1.30-3.00 pm)
Microsoft KINECT, 3D Scanning and Wellbeing
3. Thursday, 16 February (6-7.30pm)
The extended lifespan. Is it in our best interests?
Page last modified on 19 mar 12 10:37