Click below to share this pageTweet
Published: Nov 19, 2014 11:10:00 AM
Published: Nov 18, 2014 11:10:00 AM
Published: Nov 18, 2014 10:10:00 AM
- Watch the short film Celebrating the Grand Challenges
- Highlights from the Celebrating the Grand Challenges review evening
- Why prosperity now? Inaugural sound bite lecture by Henrietta Moore, Institute of Global Prosperity
- Promoting Independence in Dementia
- UCL Researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Activities supported by the 2014-15 GCHW Small Grants Scheme
- Grand Challenges Student Fund: up to £750 available for student led projects – More
The Responsibility Revolution
When: 5.30pm, 17th May 2010
Where: Lecture Theatre G06, Roberts Building
Keynote Speaker: Jeffrey Hollender, author of The Responsibility Revolution and co-founder of Seventh Generation.
Professor Maria Lee (UCL Laws), Dr Marc Moore (Director of the UCL
Centre for Ethics & Law), Dr Colin Provost, (UCL Political Science)
and Andrew Grainger (Director of UCL Estates & Facilities).
Following the global financial crisis, and as we consider how to address the global challenge of climate change, do businesses need a new model of corporate behaviour? Jeffrey Hollender's The Responsibility Revolution: How the Next Generation of Businesses Will Win argues that for too long our definition of what constitutes 'responsible' corporate behaviour has been dangerously timid and blinkered. To confront the economy's and society's daunting challenges, companies must do more than monitor factories, donate to charities, and trumpet efforts to be a little less bad. The responsibility revolution is about re-imaging companies from within: innovating new ways of working; instilling a new logic of competing; and redefining the very purpose and possibility of business. As the economy improves, doing good will be the key to doing well: the companies that commit to socially and environmentally responsible business will create long-term sustainable value.
Followed by a drinks reception in the Roberts foyer.
Page last modified on 13 feb 12 16:15