- About Our Work
- Research Prize Projects
- Human Co-operation at UCL
- The Alzheimer Enigma in an Ageing World
- Solving the Mystery of the Biology of Ageing
- The Search For Drugs That Slow Ageing - Are We There Yet? and Why Not?
- UCL’s Festival of Ageing
- UCL's Festival of Ageing Research Prize Workshop
- Workshop Requirements
- Choreographing architectural gestures in urban spaces & sPins
- Two events commissioned by one of the cross-disciplinary research projects awarded a prize at the Behaviour Change Research Prize Workshop
- Tackling Age Inequalities: a research agenda
- What are the important questions for research into ageing? A public engagement workshop for people aged 70 and over.
- How Universities Can Help Create a Wiser World
- Bartlett Research Exchange: Ethics in Built Environment Research
- Case management for frail older people: the Swedish experience
- Are children our future? Wellbeing research partnerships with schools
- Research Expertise
- Getting Involved
- Contact us
- Small Grants
- Ageing Initiative
- UCL Grand Challenge Evaluation Survey
Click below to share this pageTweet
Published: Mar 27, 2015 12:25:07 PM
Published: Mar 24, 2015 5:01:13 PM
Published: Mar 19, 2015 12:46:19 PM
- UCL Grand Challenges Research Summer School 2015
- Global Food Security: £10,000 Grants Available
- Shape the future of UCL's Grand Challenges Programme: complete our evaluation survey and we will donate £50 to Pathway (the homeless health charity) for every 100 completed surveys
- UCL Researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Activities supported by the 2014-15 GCHW Small Grants Scheme
- Grand Challenges Student Fund: up to £750 available for student led projects – More
- Application deadline: 9am, Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Please note the following BEFORE you apply:
1. You must be either an UCL member of staff or an UCL student.
2. Applications are welcome from senior to junior UCL researchers but as a minimum requirement students must be studying for a PhD.
3. You must apply for a place at the workshop by completing an online application form.
4. Participants will be expected to attend as many of UCL's Festival of Ageing events as possible.
5. You must be able to attend both sessions of the workshop. Attendance will be required from approximately 2pm to 5pm on Thursday, 12 December and 10am to 5pm on Friday 13 December 2013. A workshop programme will be announced shortly.
6. Before you apply it is recommended that you prepare your answers to the following questions beforehand and then paste them into the relevant box in the online form:
o Why do you want to participate in this workshop? (max 50 words)
o Describe your interest in ageing? What particular aspects of ageing interest you? (max 50 words)
o Which disciplines would you like to work with at the workshop and why? (max 50 words)
o Describe your current research (max 50 words)
7. Please note that we have used Eventbrite software to administer your application. It may seem as though you are registering for an event but your application will be considered in the normal way.
8. Please contact Michael Reade, Coordinator, Grand Challenge of Cultural Interaction, OVPR, if you have any questions about the workshop or experience problems making your application, firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7679 8713
9. It is not possible to give individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
10. If selected to participate in the workshop I understand that I must attend BOTH sessions of the workshop on Thursday, 12 December (approximately 2-5pm) AND Friday, 13 December 2013 (approximately 10-5pm). Exact times will be confirmed shortly.
11. If selected to participate in the workshop I understand that I must inform Michael Reade (email@example.com / 020 7679 8713) AND Kasia Diez (firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 28585) immediately if am subsequently unable to participate.
12. If I am selected to participate in the workshop, but subsequently to do not attend on the required days, and do not inform Michael Reade and Kasia Diez beforehand, I understand that my department will be charged a proportion of the workshop costs.
Page last modified on 04 oct 13 15:34