- About Our Work
- Human Co-operation at UCL
- The Alzheimer Enigma in an Ageing World
- Solving the Mystery of the Biology of Ageing
- The Search For Drugs That Slow Ageing - Are We There Yet? and Why Not?
- UCL’s Festival of Ageing
- UCL's Festival of Ageing Research Prize Workshop
- Workshop Requirements
- Choreographing architectural gestures in urban spaces & sPins
- Two events commissioned by one of the cross-disciplinary research projects awarded a prize at the Behaviour Change Research Prize Workshop
- Research Expertise
- Getting Involved
- Contact us
- Small Grants
Published: Dec 11, 2013 9:15:21 PM
Published: Dec 11, 2013 2:17:49 PM
Published: Dec 4, 2013 2:49:13 PM
- Sign up for the GCHW newsletter
- Particpate in UCL's Festival of Ageing, October - December 2013
- Maximising Ageing Research at UCL: post discussion report
- Post-discusion report: The Alzheimer Enigma in an Ageing World
- Windows to Wellbeing - final report from the winning project team at UCL's Wellbeing Week prize workshop
- Seven cross-disciplinary activities will be supported in 2013-14 with a GCHW Small Grant
- Grand Challenges Student Fund: up to £750 available for student led projects – More
- Application deadline: 9am, Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Please note the following BEFORE you apply:
1. You must be either an UCL member of staff or an UCL student.
2. Applications are welcome from senior to junior UCL researchers but as a minimum requirement students must be studying for a PhD.
3. You must apply for a place at the workshop by completing an online application form.
4. Participants will be expected to attend as many of UCL's Festival of Ageing events as possible.
5. You must be able to attend both sessions of the workshop. Attendance will be required from approximately 2pm to 5pm on Thursday, 12 December and 10am to 5pm on Friday 13 December 2013. A workshop programme will be announced shortly.
6. Before you apply it is recommended that you prepare your answers to the following questions beforehand and then paste them into the relevant box in the online form:
o Why do you want to participate in this workshop? (max 50 words)
o Describe your interest in ageing? What particular aspects of ageing interest you? (max 50 words)
o Which disciplines would you like to work with at the workshop and why? (max 50 words)
o Describe your current research (max 50 words)
7. Please note that we have used Eventbrite software to administer your application. It may seem as though you are registering for an event but your application will be considered in the normal way.
8. Please contact Michael Reade, Coordinator, Grand Challenge of Cultural Interaction, OVPR, if you have any questions about the workshop or experience problems making your application, email@example.com / 020 7679 8713
9. It is not possible to give individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
10. If selected to participate in the workshop I understand that I must attend BOTH sessions of the workshop on Thursday, 12 December (approximately 2-5pm) AND Friday, 13 December 2013 (approximately 10-5pm). Exact times will be confirmed shortly.
11. If selected to participate in the workshop I understand that I must inform Michael Reade (firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7679 8713) AND Kasia Diez (email@example.com / 020 28585) immediately if am subsequently unable to participate.
12. If I am selected to participate in the workshop, but subsequently to do not attend on the required days, and do not inform Michael Reade and Kasia Diez beforehand, I understand that my department will be charged a proportion of the workshop costs.
Page last modified on 04 oct 13 15:34