- About Our Work
- Human Co-operation at UCL
- The Alzheimer Enigma in an Ageing World
- Solving the Mystery of the Biology of Ageing
- The Search For Drugs That Slow Ageing - Are We There Yet? and Why Not?
- UCL’s Festival of Ageing
- UCL's Festival of Ageing Research Prize Workshop
- Workshop Requirements
- Choreographing architectural gestures in urban spaces & sPins
- Two events commissioned by one of the cross-disciplinary research projects awarded a prize at the Behaviour Change Research Prize Workshop
- Tackling Age Inequalities: a research agenda
- What are the important questions for research into ageing? A public engagement workshop for people aged 70 and over.
- How Universities Can Help Create a Wiser World
- Research Expertise
- Getting Involved
- Contact us
- Small Grants
- Ageing Initiative
Click below to share this pageTweet
Published: Apr 15, 2014 12:05:16 PM
Published: Apr 8, 2014 11:09:50 AM
Published: Apr 4, 2014 9:42:04 AM
- Apply for a 2014-15 Grand Challenges Small Grant: up to £4,000 available
- Winning project from our £10,000 Ageing Research Prize Workshop
- What can a Grand Challenges Small Grant do for you?
- Windows to Wellbeing - final report from the winning project team at UCL's Wellbeing Week prize workshop
- Grand Challenges Student Fund: up to £750 available for student led projects – More
UCL's Festival of Ageing Research Prize Workshop
Thursday 12th (afternoon) to Friday 13th (all day) December 2013
Venue, programme and exact times will be confirmed to successful applicants
- Workshop theme: Keeping people active, independent and well in later life
- £10,000 research prize for the best project developed at this workshop
- Only 16 places are available
- Open to all disciplines across UCL
- You must be either an UCL member of staff or student
- Applications are welcome from senior to junior researchers at UCL but, as a minimum requirement, students must be studying for a PhD at UCL
- You will need to attend as many of the UCL Festival of Ageing events as you can
- Please read the detailed list of requirements before making an application.
- You must apply for a place at the workshop via an online application form
- Application deadline: 9am, Wednesday, 20 November 2013. Successful applicants will be notified in the week beginning 25 November 2013.
This is your opportunity to spend one and a half days working in cross-disciplinary project groups formulating research proposals that address the problem of keeping people active, independent and well in later life.
The subjects for projects that can be developed at the workshop will be open. However, an example of a cross-disciplinary problem that requires cross-disciplinary answers would be how do people with declining cognitive function cope with things such as the bus system in order to maintain their attendance at an older people’s social club?
An expert panel will judge the various projects and the winning team will be awarded a £10,000 research prize to develop their proposal over the course of one year.
This innovative workshop, led by a professional facilitator, will build upon the questions that emerge during the course of UCL's Ageing Festival and will stimulate new thinking about ageing as well as catalyse new collaborations at UCL. The workshop will be the concluding event of UCL's Ageing Festival
This workshop is convened by Nick Tyler (Director, UCL Crucible and Chadwick Chair of Civil Engineering, Dept of Civil, Environ & Geomatic Engineering, UCL) and Kate Walters (Senior Clinical Lecturer, Primary Care & Population Health, UCL Institute of Epidemiology & Health).
Matt Davis, School Research Facilitator, BEAMS, OVPR, UCL
Graham Hart,Dean, Faculty of Population Health Sciences, School of Life & Medical Sciences, UCL
Andrew Steptoe, Director, Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care
Helena Titheridge,Senior Lecturer, Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering at UCL
Please contact Michael Reade or Kasia Deiz if you have any questions about the workshop of application procedure.
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Page last modified on 20 nov 13 09:13