- UCL Laws PhD Student Awarded Modern Law Review Scholarship for Project on Human Trafficking
- UCL Graduate Law Society Submission to Home Affairs Committee Inquiry on FGM
- Watch Session Videos from the Workshop on Martha Nussbaum's Political Emotions
- Watch President Dean Spielmann's Lecture 'Wither the margin of appreciation?'
- Illegality, Human Rights and Employment
- Dr Virginia Mantouvalou gives evidence to the Joint Committee on the Draft Modern Slavery Bill
- President Dean Spielmann appointed Honorary Professor in the Faculty of Laws
President Dean Spielmann appointed Honorary Professor in the Faculty of Laws
15 January 2014
President of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), Judge Dean Spielmann has been appointed Honorary Professor in the Faculty of Laws for five years. The appointment takes effect in May.
President Spielmann is one of the most distinguished legal minds in Europe with an excellent career in the judiciary and an exceptional list of academic publications in human rights and criminal law. He has been a judge in the Court since 2004, and President of the Court since 2012.
President Spielmann has maintained active links with the Faculty of Laws over the years. He will continue to offer lectures to students and to be more involved with UCL. He is also giving a Current Legal Problems/Britain and Europe lecture on the margin of appreciation this March.
Page last modified on 15 jan 14 10:27