1-19 Torrington Place
9th and 10th Floors
London WC1E 7HB
Tel: +44 020 7679 1843
Summary of Support Staff - Grades 7 and above Terms and Conditions
The post is graded as Grade X, the salary for which ranges from £00,000 to £00,000 (excluding London Allowance). Progression through the salary scale is incremental. Cost of living pay awards are negotiated nationally and are normally effective from 1 st August each year.
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
HOURS OF WORK
Full time hours average 36.5 hours per week and times of work are as determined by the Head of Department .
Annual leave is 27 working days for a full time member of staff. UCL also closes for a period at Christmas and Easter, at which times staff benefit from a total of 6 ´closure days´ in addition to Bank Holidays.*
The postholder will be eligible to join the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS), which is a defined benefit scheme. Further information about USS and the benefits can be found at www.uss.co.uk
SEASON TICKET LOANS
A season ticket loan is available to staff who have successfully completed their probationary period with the facility to repay through a monthly deduction from salary.
Other benefits of joining UCL as a staff member are many and include:
- Access to an extensive range of in-house staff development opportunities. Staff have full use of the UCL libraries and UCL operates a Study Assistance Scheme for those undertaking part-time work-related study.
- An excellent location for transport networks being near Euston, Kings Cross and St. Pancras stations and a choice of underground stations connected to London 's other mainline stations. A wide range of bus routes serves the area.
- UCL lies in Bloomsbury , just north of Oxford Street , Covent Garden and the heart of the West End with access to shops, theatres, cinemas, bars and restaurants. UCL also has its own 550 seat West End arts venue (Bloomsbury Theatre) which hosts drama, dance, music, debates and lectures during the year
- The main campus has subsidised cafeterias/bars and shops, gym and a travel agent. UCL staff can also benefit from corporate membership at a Tottenham Court Road gym.
22 November 2005
* For identified posts staff may be required to work in the closure periods, in which case these closure day are added to the annual leave entitlement.