UCL Pension Services will be providing presentations specifically aimed at pension scheme members who may:
- Exceed the Annual Allowance of £40,000 for the tax year 2015/2016
- Be subject to tapering from the 2016/2017 tax year
- Have a Lifetime Allowance exceeding £1 Million as at 31 March 2016
The presentations will provide information and guidance on:
- How Annual Allowance is calculated on a Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit basis
- The impact of Additional Voluntary Contributions on Annual Allowance
- The Tax Charges applied to amounts exceeding the Annual Allowance
- How to carry forward unused Annual Allowance from previous tax years (payment input periods) to mitigate a tax charge
- Options on paying the Tax Charge (including Scheme pays)
- Tapered Annual Allowance
- Defining Threshold and Adjusted Earnings
- Mitigating TAA - The Voluntary Salary Cap (USS members only)
- Lifetime Allowance
- Individual and Fixed protection 2016
- The Tax Charges applied to amounts exceeding the Lifetime Allowance
UCL Pension Services
- Tuesday 2 February 2016, 13.00 – 14.00, G22 Lecture Theatre, Pearson Building (North East Entrance).
- Friday 5 February 2016, 13.00 – 14.00, G22 Lecture Theatre, Pearson Building (North East Entrance).
- Monday 8 February 2016, 13.00 – 14.00, Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre, Wilkins Building.
More information and to book a place, please email Steven Cunningham-Sherret.