Participants: UCL Researchers
Preparation: Completion of an online questionnaire that will be emailed to you 2 weeks prior to the start of the programme, which should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Overview: This programme has been designed especially for researchers; the components have been tested and provide a creative and robust approach to career planning. On completion of the programme you will:
- have built an awareness of yourself and others
- have gained an understanding of potential careers in and outside of academia and be able to make a realistic assessment of your own future
- have developed and be prepared to implement a robust action plan in order to make clear decisions on your choice of career
- develop resilience, building the capability to absorb and respond to the challenges faced by researchers in your current and future roles
- make clear commitments to pursuing the next steps in your chosen career
There are three elements to the programme:
- Two day initial workshop
- develop your understanding of what motivates you
- discover some possibilities for future careers
- form a contract with 'buddy' / co-coach
- agree an action plan for your field work
- Field Work (Independent Careers Research)- 6 week period where you will
- investigate possible career paths
- supported by 'buddy' / co-coach
- potential to make a first step towards career progression
- One day workshop to Review and Plan Forward
- Review your progress and share experiences
- Plan the next steps forward
- Develop strategies for building resilience now and in the future
Style: Lively, interesting and challenging - with plenty of opportunity to share experiences with other particpants and the facilitators.
Facilitator: Jeremy Mead and Penny Bridges
Initial Two day workshop to commence the programme:
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- 15th / 16th May 2014 Cohort (2): Follow on workshop will be on 13th June 2014
Please note that booking onto the first workshop will commit you in advance to attending all workshops in the programme. We will also require you to participate in the University's evaluation of the programme by completing questionnaries.
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Khiera Yusuf