OD Events and Announcements
- UCL Work Placements (10 - 14 July 2017) - UCL HR Organisational Development, in collaboration with UCL Academy, will be hosting work experience placements for a number of Year 12 students from 10-14 July. We are looking for departments who are able to accommodate one student during this period to provide meaningful worthwhile experience and skills. Further information here.
- UCL Arena: Global Engagement Funds (2016/17) - Supporting UCL academics collaborating around the world - the call for Global Engagement Funds has just been announced by the Global Engagement Office. Funds of £500 - £2,000 are available for activity undertaken between 28 November 2016 and 31 July 2017.
Articles and announcements previously posted on the OD news
- Connecting Higher Education: International perspectives on research-based education - Abstracts are invited for this international conference investigating the benefits of linking research and education, with a particular focus on how it can help universities make an impact for good in the world. Further information here.
- UCL Bright Ideas Challenge (Phase 2) - Applications welcome. Closing date 13th January 2017. Further details here...
- InEDITA :
Induction, Engagement and Development Initiative for Teaching Administrators - Developing a partnership with students through engagement. A workshop, facilitated by colleagues from UCL Union and the Office of the Vice Provost Education, is aimed at teaching administrators who have some experience already engaging students in their work and broader initiatives.
- Connecting Higher Education: International perspectives on research-based education - Abstracts are invited for this international conference investigating the benefits of linking research and education, with a particular focus on how it can help universities make an impact for good in the world.
- UCL Excellence in Health Research Prize - A competition of peer-reviewed, published, original research papers authored by UCL early career researchers in the broad theme of populations and lifelong health.
- Signalling Cygnets - Athena SWAN sharing knowledge and practice (5th October 2016) - UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health and the UCL Institute for Women’s Health are hosting a one day workshop to share experience and good practice, and to learn about new developments relating to Athena SWAN.
- Stellar HE Programme - an executive development programme for Diverse (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic – BAME) colleagues.
- Aurora Programme - a leadership development programme for senior women facilitated by the Leadership Foundation.
- RoAR Conference (12th October 2016) - RoAR is the UCL forum for the Replacement of Animals in Research.
- Work Experience Placements (11th - 15th July 2016)- Register an interest
- Inspiring Future Female Leaders Conference (28th June 2016) - Places available
- UNESCO Leadership Programme (1st - 5th August 2016): 'Teaching Through Research' - Expressions of Interest Welcome
- OD team unable to upload course attendance due to HR system upgrade
- 20 years since the Disability Discrimination Act
- UCL receives Silver Athena SWAN award
- Our Cancellation Policy Has Been Updated
Following a review of the costs, a change in the OD cancellation policy has been introduced.
- Online Learning Video Library
Lynda.com is an online learning video library resource that is free to use by UCL staff.
- Professional Skills for Research Leaders Programme
An online programme to help independent researchers enhance their leadership, management and engagement strategies to increase their competitiveness and effectivenessview. Available in Moodle
- Your Development Toolkit
Online resources for UCL staff
- Guidelines for UCL IOE Colleagues Accessing OD Systems
Many of the Organisational Development team’s services and resources can be accessed via the web.
- Doctoral Skills Development
The Doctoral Skills Development Programme has now joined the Organisational Development team
- UCL Academy Work Experience Placements
- Celebrating Dr. Deborah Gill
Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014 Joint Winner