Welcome to the Staff Development for Researchers
The Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers sets out the expectations and responsibilities of researchers, their managers, employers and funders. It aims to increase the attractiveness and sustainability of research careers in the UK and to improve the quantity, quality and impact of research for the benefit of UK society and the economy.The Concordat consists of a set of key principles for the future support and management of research careers: The Concordat's key principles are:
- Recognition of the importance of recruiting, selecting and retaining researchers with the highest potential to achieve excellence in research.
- Researchers are recognised and valued by their employing organisation as an essential part of their organisation's human resources and a key component of their overall strategy to develop and deliver world-class research.
Researchers are equipped and supported to be adaptable and flexible in an increasingly diverse, mobile, global research environment.
- The importance of researchers' personal and career development, and lifelong learning, is clearly recognised and promoted at all stages of their career.
- Individual researchers share the responsibility for and need to pro-actively engage in their own personal and career development, and lifelong learning.
- Diversity and equality must be promoted in all aspects of the recruitment and career management of researchers.
- The sector and all stakeholders will undertake regular and collective review of their progress in strengthening the attractiveness and sustainability of research careers in the UK.
We have developed a UCL Concordat Implementation Plan so that we may continue to provide a productive and supportive working environment for researchers at UCL.
Training and Development Opportunities
Below you will find a broad range of training and development opportunities within the OD Programme, other UCL in-house providers and through external agencies. Beyond what you find below we also encourage you to participate in additional activities to learn with others and meet your individual training requirements.
- OD Professional Development Programme
and Events available through Vitae
- Researcher Development Framework