Participants: This one day conference is available to all UCL Research Staff
Date: Tuesday 20th June 2017
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm followed by drinks reception
Venue: Wellcome Collection Conference Centre, London
We are pleased to announce that this year’s UCL Research Staff Conference will take place on the 20th June 2017 and will adopt the theme of ‘Transitions in Careers’.
The aim of this conference is to provide UCL’s researchers across the institution with an opportunity to engage, network and focus on themselves and their careers.
A vibrant programme of plenary sessions, workshops, panel discussions and networking opportunities is planned. A range of speakers, specialists and exhibitors will also share their experience and knowledge and offer practical tips and guidance to help you boost your career and inform your future choices.
Further information including an agenda, list of speakers, booking details etc. to follow
What does the conference involve?
- Opportunity to network with other researchers, senior colleagues and external speakers
- Share information and knowledge and see what others are doing
- Practical hints on fellowships, teaching, research ethics and cross-disciplinary working
- Advice and guidance on what UCL has to offer
- 'Learning about various resources and the need for ECR’s to have a voice and to come together to create and develop that voice.'
- 'Networking with other researchers and colleagues across UCL; it really gives a perspective on your situation.'
- 'The advice and ideas on non-academic career routes.'
- 'Clear concise and engaging talks by all speakers.'
- 'This was simply great.'
Conference Director: Daniela Bultoc - HR Organisational Development Consultant
Date, time and venue: 1 day conference
Tuesday 20th June 2017 (further information to follow)
Free to Research Staff on the UCL payroll (sponsored by HR Organisational Development.)
How to book: Please register your interest here
Conference Manager: Zara Chaudhry
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.