Participants: This workshop is open to all research staff.
The aim of this workshop is to inform participants of the procedures, methods and constraints of writing a peer review. By taking part in this course researchers will discover new ways in which to structure and write a review.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- the communication process involved in publishing academic papers
- the various roles that peer reviewers can be expected to fulfil
- the editors needs and constraints, and how this can influence a reviewer's task
- your ability to produce a worthwhile review
This workshop supports your development in line with the UCL Core Behaviours Framework.
Participants should bring copies of three or four papers that have been published in a journal for which they think they could be asked to write a peer review. Please make sure that you have recently read at least one of these papers.
Please look on that journal's website and bring along (printed or on screen):
- any instructions to peer reviewers
- any instructions to authors
Related resources: Desktop Learning
Facilitator: Pete Moore ; ThinkWrite About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2016-2017 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.
To view the other four workshops in the ThinkWrite series please click on the links below: