Participants: UCL Researchers
Preparation: Completion of an online questionnaire that will be emailed to you 2 weeks prior to the start of the programme, which should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Overview: This programme has been designed especially for researchers; the components have been tested and provide a creative and robust approach to career planning. On completion of the programme you will:
- have built an awareness of yourself and others
- have gained an understanding of potential careers in and outside of academia and be able to make a realistic assessment of your own future
- have developed and be prepared to implement a robust action plan in order to make clear decisions on your choice of career
- develop resilience, building the capability to absorb and respond to the challenges faced by researchers in your current and future roles
- make clear commitments to pursuing the next steps in your chosen career
There are three elements to the programme:
- Two day initial workshop
- develop your understanding of what motivates you
- discover some possibilities for future careers
- form a contract with 'buddy' / co-coach
- agree an action plan for your field work
- Field Work (Independent Careers Research)- 6 week period where you will
- investigate possible career paths
- supported by 'buddy' / co-coach
- potential to make a first step towards career progression
- One day workshop to Review and Plan Forward
- Review your progress and share experiences
- Plan the next steps forward
- Develop strategies for building resilience now and in the future
This programmecourse supports your development in line with the UCL Core Behaviours Framework.
Style: Lively, interesting and challenging - with plenty of opportunity to share experiences with other particpants and the facilitators.
Facilitator: Jeremy Mead
More dates will be available in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Khiera Yusuf
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.