Participants: All staff with leadership and management responsibilities.
At some point in their lives, most people experience stress. Stress causes emotional and physical symptoms which can make you feel tired, run-down and unable to cope with day-to-day things. If this sounds like something you are currently experiencing or have previously experienced and you want to learn new ways to deal with stress, attending the Resilience and Resourcefulness training day is what you need.
The Resilience and Resourcefulness training day equips you with the skills and knowledge needed to manage stress. The Resilience and Resourcefulness training day is interactive, with an emphasis on building effective coping techniques to handle stress.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will:
- understand how resilience can impact on performance and emotions
- understand the resilience and resourcefulness toolkit
- build an individual resilience and resourcefulness plan
- consider how to use the toolkit in the future in both an inter and intra personal context
- Demonstrates effective self management and focus
- Recruits and manages individuals effectively to create a high performing team
- Provides leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives
- Facilitates training and the development of an appropriate skills base within the team
- Encourages personal development and helps others to learn
- Fosters two way communication and effective team-working
- Promotes UCL’s values and corporate objectives to colleagues and externally to UCL
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
Desktop Learning topics:
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Khiera Yusuf