Please note that you will have already covered a substantial amount of this workshop if you have already completed Personal Effectiveness - Making an Impact.
Overview: Important meetings, networking occasions, encounters with high-status individuals, interviews - they all put your communication skills to the test. What you say matters, of course, but so does how you say it. If your communication style isn’t up to scratch, your message may be lost. It’s very common for people to feel nervous and tongue-tied at the very moment they need to feel confident.
This lively, practical course helps overcome such problems. It’s a chance for you to discover how to speak so that others want to listen and how to make a positive impact and win respect. It will help you become an outstanding and influential communicator. The course includes plenty of individual rehearsal and feedback.
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- Seeing yourself as others see you
- Speaking about what you do in formal and informal situations
- Reading others’ behaviour, body language and vocal tone
- Becoming more confident
- Communicating assertively under pressure
- Networking at conferences and other events
- Contributing to meetings
- Achieving presence at interviews
- Influencing others
- Developing your natural communication style
- Effective Communication
- Continuous Personal and Team Development
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
|04 March 2015||1000 - 1600||Lygo Suite, Hotel Russell|
|06 May 2015||1000 - 1600||tba|
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry