Participants: This course is for you if you are grade 6-8 with leadership or management responsibility, or if you anticipate taking on management responsibility within the coming year.
To support your group or team effectiveness, each person's efforts need to align with the overarching goals of the team, group, department, faculty and institution. This module will explore some creative tools and techniques for encouraging your team to become involved in planning and problem-solving. For a framework to help put these creative tools and techniques into context, you may want to supplement this module with project management training.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- how to work with others to develop and deliver the strategy
- engaging the whole team/group in planning and problem-solving using creative tools and techniques
- converting these plans into clear objectives
- Develops and delivers the strategy of the team / division / department / faculty / UCL
- Provides leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives
- Manages project and other workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Stuart Esworthy, Consultant About the facilitator ...
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2016-2017 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £80 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £200 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: OD Team
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.