Participants: This course is for you if you are grade 6-8 with leadership or management responsibility. Priority will be given to current managers and those who anticipate taking on management responsibility within the coming year.
This one-day session will help you to understand team dynamics and explore what is required to lead groups of creative people within a university context.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- some theories of team dynamics
- tools for effective team-working techniques for building consensus and motivating team-members
- characteristics of high performing teams
- ways of assessing the effectiveness of your team or group
- the leadership style(s) best suited to achieving high performing teams
- Fosters two way communication and effective team-working
- Provides leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives
Please complete some brief preparatory work in advance of the workshop, details available here
The preparation consists of completing a 15-minute Thinking Style questionnaire and also thinking about what would make the day worthwhile for you.
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Kate Tapper, Consultant About the facilitator ...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry