Participants: You will benefit from this course if you are a Team Leader or first time Manager who is either about to introduce change or already managing a change programme. You will also benefit if you are likely to manage people during change in the future.
UCL staff with no management or supervisory responsibility, who may be currently experiencing change in their working life, or who are likely to experience change in the future may wish to attend the OD workshop Understanding and Embracing Change for non-Managers.
Participants have to be in a management position, be it line manager or matrix management.
Leading successful change within UCL requires commitment, skill and technique. The complexity of change can be so overwhelming that many managers and Team Leaders simply don't know where to start. This course has been authored to teach you how to manage a range of organisational changes. This event is an interactive and highly participative course aiming to ensure that you get support and commitment from your people right from the start.
Delegates will enhance their skills in order to lead both transformational and incremental change - change that is both physical and which requires the careful management of people - using simple, easy to apply and highly effective tools.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Define what change is and how it impacts on the way people work
- Explore Kotter's 8 steps to successful change
- Identify people's differing responses to change (behaviour / emotions)
- Explore the reasons why people often resist change
- Help individuals work constructively through change
- Help maintain team members' self-esteem; delegate productively
The topics we will cover are:
- Types of change and changes at UCL
- Limiting beliefs and language
- Identifying and predicting resistance
- Creating a sense of urgency
- The Transition curve and the emotional roller coaster of change
- Signposting useful tactics
- Kotter's 8 steps to successful change including:
- Building a guiding team
- Vision and Strategy
- The realities of change
- Making it Happen
- Empowering others to act
- Creating short term wins
- Partner charts
- 'Make it Stick' toolkit
- Action planning
Desktop Learning articles:
Facilitator: Nova Ferguson ...about the facilitator
Date, time and venue:
|18 January 2017||0930 - 1700||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|01 June 2017||0930 - 1700||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Cristina Imbuzan_do_not_use
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.