Participants: Researchers from UCL.
Aimed at staff in grades 6 -8 roles, with little or no previous or current leadership experience. What you do need is a commitment to learn about yourself, to reflect on and improve on your leadership and to help others do the same.
Date: 5th - 7th November 2014
Venue: Central London (exact location to be confirmed with joining instructions closer to the time of the event).
Overview: Leadership in Action is a three-day intensive experiential leadership programme designed to prepare researchers for leadership in their chosen research field, or within the wider community.
The course will help you to:
- Explore the concept of leadership
- Build confidence in your leadership style
- Give yourself more choices in how you lead
- Understand the impact you have on those you are leading
- Influence people towards a common goal
- Identify how these skills can benefit you in your current research role and beyond
What does the course involve?
- Practical, experiential learning, rather than lectures
- A chance for all participants to lead a group project
- Support and feedback on your leadership style from expert coaches
Previous participants said:
- “Visionary, empowering and encouraging”
- “A great confidence building course with a chance to really think about how you lead and how you want to lead”
- “Hands on rather than theoretical; just what I needed!”
- “Unique, inspiring, intense, essential and thoroughly enjoyable”
Pre-requisites: Participants are required to commit to all dates.
There will be limited places for UCL researchers and each place has a market value of £1000. Researchers on the UCL payroll may participate for free as the costs for your place will be met by Organisational Development.
Please note: Successful applicants will be asked to send a £50 cheque deposit.*
*The cheque will only be banked in the case of non-attendance or late cancellation. Please see our cancellation policy for further details.
Researcher Development Framework Categories:
- C) Research Management
- D) Personal Effectiveness
- E) Communication Skills
How to apply? Booking Form
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 22nd October 2014
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry