Overview: Leadership in Action is a three-day intensive experiential Leadership Programme designed to prepare researchers for leadership in their chosen research field, or within the wider community.
Participants: UCL Research staff in grades 6 - 8 roles, with little or no previous or current leadership experience.
What you do need is a commitment to learn about yourself, to reflect on and improve on your leadership and to help others do the same.
Date: 2nd - 4th March 2016
Venue: Central London (exact location to be confirmed with joining instructions).
The course will help you to:
- Explore the concept of leadership
- Build confidence in your leadership style
- Give yourself more choices in how you lead
- Understand the impact you have on those you are leading
- Influence people towards a common goal
- Identify how these skills can benefit you in your current research role and beyond
What does the course involve?
- Practical, experiential learning
- A chance for all participants to lead a group project
- Support and feedback on your leadership style from expert coaches
Previous participants said:
- “Visionary, empowering and encouraging”
- “A great confidence building course with a chance to really think about how you lead and how you want to lead”
- “Hands on rather than theoretical; just what I needed!”
- “Unique, inspiring, intense, essential and thoroughly enjoyable”
Pre-requisites: Participants are required to commit to all of the Programme dates.
The cost per head for the Programme is £1000, but UCL Research staff may participate for FREE as the costs will be met by UCL HR Organisational Development.
Please note: Successful applicants will be asked to send a £50 personal cheque/cash deposit.*
*The deposit will returned on completion of the Programme. The cheque / cash will be banked in the case of non-attendance or late cancellation.
Researcher Development Framework Categories:
- C) Research Management
- D) Personal Effectiveness
- E) Communication Skills
How to apply? Please complete the Application Form (Googledoc)
Closing Date for Applications is 5.00pm on Thursday 11 February 2016.
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry