Participants: Researchers from UCL
Venue: Central London (exact location to be confirmed with joining instructions closer to the time of the event).
Overview: Leadership in Action is a three-day intensive experiential leadership programme designed to prepare researchers for leadership in their chosen research field, or within the wider community.
The course will help you to:
- Explore the concept of leadership
- Build confidence in your leadership style
- Give yourself more choices in how you lead
- Understand the impact you have on those you are leading
- Influence people towards a common goal
- Identify how these skills can benefit you in your current research role and beyond
What does the course involve?
- Practical, experiential learning, rather than lectures
- A chance for all participants to lead a group project
- Support and feedback on your leadership style from expert coaches
Previous participants said:
- “Visionary, empowering and encouraging”
- “A great confidence building course with a chance to really think about how you lead and how you want to lead”
- “Hands on rather than theoretical; just what I needed!”
- “Unique, inspiring, intense, essential and thoroughly enjoyable”
Pre-requisites: Participants are required to commit to all dates.
You need no previous or current leadership experience to apply. What you do need is a commitment to learn about yourself, to reflect on and improve on your leadership and to help others do the same.
There will be limited places for UCL researchers and each place has a market value of £1000. Researchers on the UCL payroll may participate for free as the costs for your place will be met by Organisational Development.
Please note: Successful applicants will be asked to send a £50 cheque deposit.*
*The cheque will only be banked in the case of non-attendance or late cancellation. Please see our cancellation policy for further details.
Researcher Development Framework Categories:
- C) Research Management
- D) Personal Effectiveness
- E) Communication Skills
How to apply? Information will be available when dates are confirmed.
Date, time and venue:
More dates will be available in the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry