Participants: This course is for you if you are grade 8-10 with significant leadership or management responsibility.
This module will focus on applying change theories within your group, team, department or faculty. If the management of change is about processes that keep the system running smoothly, then leadership is about defining the future and helping to align people with that future. In universities, the leadership of change is not solely in the domain of senior management, but extends to many levels within the organisation.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
This day long session will give you confidence to lead change by:
- establishing a vision through involvement and real consultation
- empowering others to act
- planning for short and long-term success
- applying some theories of change management and leadership.
- Addresses challenges and manages change in support of corporate and local objectives
- Develops and delivers the strategy of the team/division/department/faculty/UCL
- Provides leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Professor Sue Dopson, Professor of Organisational Behaviour - Said Business School, University of Oxford About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliate / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.