This course is an introduction for all staff involved in small projects.
Please note: Staff with some experience of managing projects should consider booking onto the Project Management course rather than this introductory course. Participants on the advanced course should have the level of knowledge that would be gained from attendance on the introductory course.
To introduce the key components and techniques of project management:
- The stages of a project
- Planning and preparing
- Scheduling, monitoring and controlling
- Roles and responsibilities
- Risk management
- Managing the project team
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will:
- gain the knowledge and confidence to manage a project from beginning to end
- identify the different stages involved in project planning
- describe the use of a Gantt chart and the relevance of milestones in monitoring and measuring progress taking account of budget, expenditure and risk management
- Manages project and other workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
- Manages relationships with sponsors/funding bodies/collaborators/other faculties or other teams to deliver results
- Understands risk culture, including the taking of opportunities while managing risk. Puts measures in place to identify, manage and minimise risks (e.g. financial, business continuity, health and safety)
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Ian Skerritt, Redington Consultancy About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
|16 October 2015||1000 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|04 February 2016||1000 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|25 May 2016||1000 - 1600||tba|
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: OD Team
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.