Participants: Staff who have leadership and/or management or supervisory responsibilities.
To figure out how to delegate properly, it's important to understand why people avoid it. Quite simply, people don't delegate because it takes a lot of up-front effort.
Delegation allows you to make the best use of your time and skills, and it helps other people in the team grow and develop to reach their full potential in the organisation. Delegation is a win-win when done appropriately, however that does not mean that you can delegate just anything. This half day workshop will help participants identify the key factors affecting successful delegation.
This introductory workshop will enable you to:
- Understand how effective delegation leads to effective outcomes
- Identify why we fail to delegate effectively or at all
- Consider what tasks and who to delegate to
- List the 6 steps to effective delegation
- Practice your delegation skills
- Understand Delegation - what are the benefits of delegation
- Assess why we fail delegate effectively and potential barriers
- Evaluate what tasks to delegate
- An effective model for delegation – six steps
- Manages project and other workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
- Facilitates training and the development of an appropriate skills base within the team
- Encourages personal development and helps others to learn
- Demonstrates effective self management and focus
- Fosters two way communication and effective team-working
Preparation: None required, however to help you prepare for your attendance you may want to look at the Desktop Learning topics listed below.
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Sharon Kiley, Rocket Consultancy
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £80 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £200 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry