Senior SLMS staff who have leadership and/or management responsibilities and who have been invited to take part on the recommendation of their Dean.
This half day workshop is part of the focused training programme provided by SLMS to accurately address the needs of leaders in the School. It will explore some of the key behaviours and skills to be exhibited by leaders to effectively manage the performance and development of individuals and teams. The key message from the workshop being that performance management is an ongoing activity, not just something that happens once or twice a year. Furthermore it should be used by leaders as a means in order to get the best out of their people. The workshop shows how to ensure an appreciative conversational approach, and it will provide participants with the "know-how” to apply the above meaningfully and ultimately create a high performance culture within their teams.
To explore what is needed in terms of behaviours and practice, from leaders, in order to create a high performance culture where people can and do perform to their best.
By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- Describe their leadership and management role in terms of ensuring high performance, including during times of change, and what this looks like in practice
- Describe the behaviours required to manage performance on a daily basis - inspire, engage and empower individuals and teams
- Describe and demonstrate the skills and behaviours required to carry out performance improvement conversations using an assertive, sensitive and respectful approach
- State the next steps and your responsibility in terms of embedding a high performance culture within your teams
- Leading by Example
- Effective Communciation
- Working Collaboratively
- Delivering Successful Outcomes
Facilitator: Kass Jaffer
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
Cost: Free for invited SLMS staff on the UCL payroll
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Natalia Mazzini-cea