This course is for staff who need to write documents and reports.
Please note that if you have already attended "Essential Written Communication Skills" then there will be some overlap in the material covered in this workshop.
This workshop will provide participants with the tools to approach their writing in a structured and professional way. You will learn how to write 'the perfect document' by determining clear objectives, identifying what content is important to the intended audience and delivering those messages in a clear, concise and consistent way.
Please note this workshop is not about minute taking or writing for publication.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- the purpose of any piece of writing
- how to structure and plan it
- what enhances its credibility
- how to develop appropriate language
- Addresses challenges and manages change in support of corporate and local objectives
- Fosters two way communication and effective team-working
- Participates actively in departmental, faculty and UCL wide committees, working parties, investigatory panels and other corporate roles as required
Please bring two pieces of writing, i.e. report(s) or document(s), that you have authored (hard copies).
Desktop Learning topics:
You may also be interested in:
- Essential Written Communication Skills
- Servicing Meetings and Committees (Introduction)
- Servicing College Committees
Melanie Eusebe, Fresh Ideas About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: One day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Natalia Mazzini-cea