Participants: Line Managers and Senior Staff.
This workshop is aimed at line managers and senior staff, who wish to develop their skills of managing learning conversations. Mentoring and coaching usually happen in a one-to-one environment and involve behaviours and mindsets significantly different from those normally required in, say, tutoring. These skills are increasingly essential in any workplace and especially within an organisation dedicated to learning.
Within the workshop, you will learn:
- The differences and similarities between coaching and mentoring
- When to use each approach
- What outcomes you should expect from both coaching and mentoring
- How to manage the developmental stages of the coaching or mentoring relationship
- Core skills and competencies of coaching and mentoring
- Practical models and processes for structuring the coaching/ mentoring conversation and relationship
- How to adapt your coaching style to different team members
- How to engage others in coaching and mentoring
The programme has been designed by Clutterbuck Associates, an international thought-leader in this subject area, and is based on extensive international research into good practice in dyadic learning.
You will be supported post-workshop with access to an extensive library of
on-line learning materials on coaching and mentoring. You will also be encouraged
and supported to seek and engage with a mentor of your own choosing, should
you wish to do so.
Preparation: Attending the half day Introduction to Coaching at UCL would be beneficial but if this is not possible you may still attend the workshop.
Facilitator: Clutterbuck Associates
Desktop Learning topics:
Date, time and venue: 2 day initial workshop with a follow up 0.5 day workshop approximately 2 months later. Please note that on booking for the initial workshop you are also committing to attend the follow up workshop. Dates below for the initial workshop and associated half day follow up.
Initial 2 day workshop (Please note that the start date only will be shown below):
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £430 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £630 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Kimberly Hovish