This course is for you staff who provide 'front-of-house' services, eg: reception staff, cleaners, caterers, technicians, departmental and first point of contact administrators, secretaries (14-16 participants).
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of customer care and confidence to deal effectively with angry, aggressive or frustrated individuals (i.e. students, parents, colleagues and others, both within and outside UCL).
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Meet customer needs and expectations
- Present a positive front-line image
- Communicate with customers effectively
- Identify, notice and pre-empt aggression, bullying and unacceptable angry behaviour
- Manage and de-escalate conflict face-to-face, via email and on the telephone
- Move forward positively (create a 'win win' situation)
- Refer unresolved issues or inappropriate behaviours (reference to UCL policies) to relevant colleagues
- Make a real change in your working life, through continual professional development (CPD).
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
- Manages self and others in accordance with UCL policies and contributes to policy development as appropriate
- Manages relationships with sponsors / funding bodies / collaborators / other faculties or other teams to deliver results
Facilitator: Lorraine Kennedy, LK Developing People About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Natalia Mazzini-cea