This course is open to all staff but priority will be given to Research staff.
This is a workshop for participants who want to know more about presenting at a conference or have had difficulty getting conference abstracts accepted. The course will cover: what to include in an abstract, planning posters and ways to break the mould of standard posters.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- identifying different readers and decision-makers that you need to consider when planning the abstract and poster
- determining the key message of your abstract and of your poster
- writing the abstract quickly, but also concisely
- creating imaginative posters that convey messages without being boring
- the preparation required to present your work professionally at a conference
- have a think about any conference you would like to attend, and gather any literature about the conference that you can. This includes getting hold of a previous year's set of abstracts if possible
- bring with you an idea of a poster that you would like to produce in the near future. If possible, please also bring a poster or two from your department - you can bring standard posters or ones that you either really like or dislike
Facilitator: Pete Moore ; ThinkWrite About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Khiera Yusuf
To view the other four workshops in the ThinkWrite series please click on the links below: