Participants: UCL Research Staff
Date: Tuesday 30th June 2015
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm followed by drinks reception
Venue: Wellcome Collection Conference Centre, London
The conference will help you to:
- Identify how research skills can benefit you in your current role
- Explore and develop how you can apply your research skills to future roles
- Gain an idea of the opportunities available and career options within or outside of academia
What does the conference involve?
- Opportunity to network with other researchers, senior colleagues and external speakers
- Share information and knowledge and see what others are doing
- Practical hints on fellowships, teaching, research ethics and cross-disciplinary working
- Advice and guidance on what UCL has to offer
Key programme themes include:
- UCL 2034 and the research community
- The significance and impact of the REF 2014
- Striking out on your own
- Career destinations of PhDs
- The challenges and opportunities afforded by cross-disciplinary research
- The research environment (post-election)
- Values based research
Please refer to the UCL Research Staff Conference programme for further details.
- 'The most useful part was being surrounded by people in the same position as me and the support available.'
- 'Learning about future opportunities (both academic and non-academic) because this is what really matters in the end.'
Researcher Development Framework Categories:
- B2) Self Management
- B3) Professional and Career Development
- C2) Research Management
- C3) Finance, Funding and Resources
- D1) Working With Others
- D3) Engagement and Impact
Date, time and venue: 1 day conference
|30 June 2015||0900 - 1700||Wellcome Collection Conference Centr|
Research Staff on the UCL payroll may participate for free as the costs for your place will be met by Organisational Development.
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry