Participants: UCL Research Staff
Date: Tuesday 30th June 2015
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm followed by drinks reception
Venue: Wellcome Collection Conference Centre, London
The conference will help you to:
- Identify how research skills can benefit you in your current role
- Explore and develop how you can apply your research skills to future roles
- Gain an idea of the opportunities available and career options within or outside of academia
What does the conference involve?
- Opportunity to network with other researchers, senior colleagues and external speakers
- Share information and knowledge and see what others are doing
- Practical hints on fellowships, teaching, research ethics and cross-disciplinary working
- Advice and guidance on what UCL has to offer
Key programme themes include:
- UCL 2034 and the research community
- The significance and impact of the REF 2014
- Striking out on your own
- Career destinations of PhDs
- The challenges and opportunities afforded by cross-disciplinary research
- The research environment (post-election)
- Values based research
Please refer to the UCL Research Staff Conference programme for further details.
- 'The most useful part was being surrounded by people in the same position as me and the support available.'
- 'Learning about future opportunities (both academic and non-academic) because this is what really matters in the end.'
Researcher Development Framework Categories:
- B2) Self Management
- B3) Professional and Career Development
- C2) Research Management
- C3) Finance, Funding and Resources
- D1) Working With Others
- D3) Engagement and Impact
Date, time and venue: 1 day conference
More dates will be available in the 2016-2017 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
Research Staff on the UCL payroll may participate for free as the costs for your place will be met by Organisational Development.
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.