Any manager who has line management responsibilities, should complete a relevant UCL workshop, regardless of previous experience before conducting any staff review. This scheme applies to all staff who have satisfactorily completed their probation period. Staff must have read and familiarised themselves with the Appraisal, Review and Development Scheme guidelines, before they attend an Appraisal Workshop. Please go to www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/docs/staff_review_development.php
These workshops meet the UCL requirement for all Appraisers to be trained before conducting appraisals. The Appraisal Review and Development Scheme (ARDS) aims to:
- enhance the work of the department and the success of UCL through assisting individuals to develop to their full potential
- ensure regular discussion of an individual's progress against aims and objectives
- identify strengths and development needs and enable discussion of career aspirations
- enhance communication within departments
- review and meet the developmental needs of staff in roles with management responsibilities in line with UCL Core Behaviours Framework.
- review and meet the development needs of academic, research and teaching staff regarding UCL's expectation of academic excellence which are defined in "Excellence and the UCL community: a shared endeavour" see www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/docs/ucl_excellence.php
This course supports your development in line with the UCL Core Behaviours Framework.
Anticipated Learning Outcomes:
Participating on an Appraisal Workshop will enable the appraiser to
- explain the Appraisal, Review and Development Scheme
- use it according to UCL's policy.
Participants will be provided with some suggestions for making the process as effective as possible.
- what is appraisal, review and development
- the UCL scheme
- preparation for appraisal
- the actual Appraisal meeting
- equal opportunities
- staff objectives & future goals
Staff must have read and familiarised themselves with the Appraisal, Review and Development Scheme guidelines, before they attend the Appraisal Workshops. Please go to www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/docs/staff_review_development.php
Please ensure that you have downloaded and printed the .pdf files that comprise your participant pack (or saved them to a tablet). Please bring printed copies of the documents to the course. Please go to:
Related resources: Desktop Learning articles:
Dates, time and venue: 2.5 hour workshop
|06 February 2017||1000 - 1230||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|06 February 2017||1330 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|03 April 2017||1000 - 1230||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|03 April 2017||1330 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|19 June 2017||1000 - 1230||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|19 June 2017||1330 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|12 July 2017||1000 - 1230||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|12 July 2017||1330 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
Cost: No cost for UCL employees
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Cristina Imbuzan_do_not_use
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.