UCL staff holding posts directly affected by an organisational change exercise, or those who have been identified as at risk of redundancy because of a funding end date or end of a fixed term contract.
This workshop is designed for staff applying for jobs both within and outside of UCL. You will critique your current skill set and explore techniques for marketing your abilities effectively to employers. You will receive guidance on writing an effective CV or application form, and develop the skills to enable you to present yourself at interview with confidence.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of how to:
- evaluate what you want from your career, so you can assess your options more effectively
- review your previous experiences in a structured way, in order to identify future priorities
- identify what skills you have, and understand how to translate those skills to other settings
- develop strategies for expanding your skills
- market yourself in a climate of change
- effectively present your identified skills to employers
- develop an effective CV / job application
- present yourself at interview with confidence
- Demonstrates effective self management and focus
Facilitator: Consultants from C2 Careers Consultancy, University of London
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
How to book: Booking form
OD Course Contact: Kimberly Hovish