Participants: Any member of UCL Staff who is required to participate in the recruitment process at different stages (e.g. assisting with shortlisting, setting up interviews, corresponding with applicants, etc.)
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites.
Prior to attending the training, you must have read the UCL Recruitment and Selection Policy
To access the ROME system you will first need to register at: www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/rome/getting_access
The UCL Online Recruitment system uses innovative, best practice recruitment tools to support the Provost's vision of UCL becoming a modern outward looking world-class University.
It streamlines business processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment function and provides statistical reporting tools that will enhance workforce decision making and equal opportunities monitoring.
This session will take you through how to carry out the following tasks within the ROME system:
- Accessing and printing applications
- Setting up interviews
- Progressing candidates and booking interview slots / correspondence
- Recruitment statistics
NOTE: if you require training on how to record the shortlisting, candidate progression and invite for interviews via the system, please book yourself on the Rome Part 1 session.
Anticipated Learning Outcomes:
In order to manage performance effectively at UCL you will gain a fuller understanding of how to apply HR policies and procedures, including:
- recruitment and selection
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged.
- Recruits and manages individuals effectively to create a high performing team.
- Manages self and others in accordance with UCL policies and contributes to policy development as appropriate.
Date and time:
|24 September 2014||1400 - 1700||B15 (Media Resources Training Room)|
Cost: Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
How to Book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry
UCL policy requires that all members of interview panels to have received training in fair recruitment. This requirement is met by attending the Recruitment and Selection HR Policy Briefing