Senior managers (grades, 8, 9 or 10) and approved Trade Union representatives who participate on panels to hear grievance, disciplinary and capability matters. Heads of Departments who hear early stage disciplinary, grievance or capability matters are also encouraged to attend.
This course is designed to give an overview of the legal framework surrounding the management of employee relations matters and compliance with the ACAS Code of Practice.
It is intended to equip managers with the skills and knowledge needed to conduct Hearings and to apply judgements fairly and consistently.
To understand the actual and potential commitment required of people who sit on Hearing panels, including at appeals and Employment Tribunal.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- The law as it applies to employee relations matters and how this is applied via UCL policies
- Planning for and participating on Hearing panels
- Understanding discrimination
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
- Contributes to cross disciplinary activity
- Participates actively in Departmental, Faculty and UCL wide Committees, Working Parties, Investigatory Panels and other corporate roles as required
Date, time and venue: 4 hour workshop
|16 February 2016||0930 - 1330||Room 603 - Bidborough House|
|23 June 2016||1230 - 1630||Room 603 - Bidborough House|
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking form
OD Course Contact: Khiera Yusuf
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.