Participants: Busy managers and professionals, who want to gain a basic understanding of the principles and practice of coaching in an academic workplace.
This session provides a practical overview of:
- How coaching works
- How line managers can fulfil their roles and responsibilities as coaches to colleagues
- The benefits and practical outcomes you should expect from developing a coaching culture within your team.
The core message of this workshop is that adopting a coaching mindset enhances colleagues performance and frees up line managers, to focus more attention on tasks and issues, which are important, but not necessarily urgent. Dealing with these tasks is one of the crucial factors that make the difference between high performing and averagely performing teams.
You will find this workshop particularly useful, if:
- You don't know much about coaching but would like to understand the principles
- You are considering attending the Coaching and Mentoring Skills at UCL course and want to gain an insight into coaching beforehand
- Demonstrates effective self management and focus
- Provides leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives
- Encourages personal development and helps others to learn
- Fosters two way communication and effective team-working
- Manages project and other workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
- Ensures regular review of teaching, research, knowledge transfer, enabling and support activities to maximise effectiveness and impact
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
- Addresses challenges and manages change in support of corporate and local objectives
Facilitator: To be confirmed
Desktop Learning topics:
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £80 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £200 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Kimberly Hovish