- Raise awareness of environmental issues in the workplace and to encourage and professional services staff in making their working practices more sustainable.
- Work within UCL's developing strategy on sustainability.
- Monitor implementation of the HR Division’s Environmental Statement.
- Consider reports and suggestions from members of staff and others on how to improve sustainable performance in the workplace.
- Ensure the effective communication of environmentally friendly working practices via team meetings, divisional meetings and email.
UCL HR Division Environmental Statement
We in HR Division are committed to:
- the most efficient use of energy in all areas of our operations;
- reduce the waste of energy wherever possible;
- Reduce the amount of materials we use in doing our work and where possible choose an environmentally friendly product.
- reuse those materials that have outlived their original purpose wherever we can;
- recycle as much of the used materials that cannot be reused as we can;Liaise with the Estates and Facilities Division, and all other departments throughout UCL to ensure that we conduct our business in the most environmentally sustainable way that we can