Beefcake: gay men and the body beautiful, chaired by Professor Michael King, UCL Mental Health Sciences
Panel debate followed by drinks reception
The panel will be chaired by Professor Michael King, Head of UCL Mental Health Sciences.
- Jonathan Kemp, Lecturer in Queer Studies at Birkbeck and award winning author of The London Triptych and Twentysix.
- Johan Andersson, Research Fellow in Geography at the University of Leeds, radical queer geographer who has written on post-AIDS identity and the projection of 'healthy' bodies.
- Matthew Todd, Editor of Attitude Magazine, award winning journalist, playwright, comedian and author of Blowing Whistles.
- Mark Simpson, journalist, columnist for the Guardian, blogger, author and editor of numerous books including Metrosexy and Antigay.
- Rosi Prescott, Chief Executive, Central YMCA, a national health and education charity, which is campaigning on Body Confidence issues, provides the secretariat to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Body Image, and recently commissioned national research into male attitudes to body image.
Organised by Max Hill, Sarah Guise and Ben Campkin, UCL LGBT Equality Group.
This event is free and open to all UCL staff, students and the general public.
Date, Time and Venue:
Monday 6 February, 6.30pm, Cruciform lecture theatre 1, Cruciform Building, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT.
A map can be found here.
NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE.
|Last updated: 01st February 2012|