The Committee for Equal Opportunities (CEO) addresses the implementation and development of equalities policy and practice.
The CEO was established in 1986. It meets once a term and its remit is to:
- devise and develop policies and procedures to ensure that equalities and diversity are integral to the learning, working and social environment of UCL
- monitor existing opportunities policy, procedures and practices,
- monitor statistics on the admission and progress of students and the recruitment and career progression of staff by race, sex and disability
- set and monitor workforce equality targets,
- identify and encourage under represented groups in UCL activities
- in consultation with the Committee for the Day Nursery, to develop and promote the development and provision of child care at UCL
- Reporting progress on equality to UCL's Council annually.
|Last updated: 23rd January 2013