Contacting HR

2nd Floor
Bidborough House
38-50 Bidborough St
London WC1H 9BT
Tel: +44 020 3108 8829

Appointing Overseas Workers - Guidelines

The following information is intended as a guide for UCL departments. If you are unable to find the information you need or have any further questions about appointing overseas workers please contact the HR Consultancy Team.

Frequently Asked Questions

When appointing an overseas worker

How to apply for a work permit

After the work permit has been approved

More questions you might have

HR Forms

Guide to completing the HR forms for a work permit or extension application

Form WP1, work permit application where individual is NOT IN the UK

Form WP2, work permit application where individual is IN the UK

Form WP3x, extension application

External Links

Form FLR(IED), Leave to Remain application, Work Permits (UK) website

Employer's Defence, Home Office website

Identifying passport stamps, Home Office website

Visa/entry clearance information,

Home Office application forms for information on and the application form for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, Form SET(O).

New EU Member States


Form WRS, Worker Registration Scheme, Work Permits (UK) website

Worker Registration Scheme information, Work Permits (UK) website

Please email any comments or suggestions about the Appointing Overseas Workers webpage to the HR Consultancy Team..