38-50 Bidborough St
London WC1H 9BT
Tel: +44 020 3108 8829
UKBA Premium Customer Service for Tier 2 & 5 Certificates of Sponsorship (COS)
UCL have registered with the UKV&I Premium Customer Service to access an enhanced service on immigration matters. This is effective from January 2013.
What benefits does this service provide?
Personal and Dedicated Contact
- HR have a personal point of contact to get consistent advice and clarification on the nuanced and often changing requirements of the UK’s points-based immigration system and other general immigration related enquiries and problems. This means quicker and more assured information for UCL managers and staff.
- HR has access to three dedicated lines open 8am to 6pm, 7 days per week and 365 days per annum.
- Please note this is not a personal immigration advisory service, nor do they undertake to fast track applications on our behalf.
Employer checking service
- This service is used by HR when needed to identify and check a person’s eligibility to work. This may include questions relating to curtailment or cooling off periods. Subject to the receipt of the following information, the turnaround time will be 1 working day.
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport and/or Identity Card Number
- Written confirmation (email/ scanned letter) of the individual’s consent to obtain information
Public Enquiry Office (PEO) Appointments
- Staff may choose to submit in person applications relating to their initial visa, extensions to stay and settlement using the 'premium service' at UKV&I public enquiry offices in the UK. See the UKV&I website for more information http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/applyinginperson/peoservices/
- Whilst UCL pays the cost of postal applications rather than the more expensive personal appointments, some staff prefer to take the latter route and to pay the difference. As a Premium Sponsor HR can obtain specific appointment dates and times, subject to availability. Initially, please contact your HR Employment Contract Administration Officer in the HR Employment Contract Administration Team if you wish to arrange an appointment. If the take-up is large we will consider pre-arranging blocks of appointments.
Priority Services Overseas
- Access to priority services overseas i.e. staff arranging visas outside of the UK should find these applications are fast-tracked
Passport Returns for Applications
- For staff who have made an online application, passports will be returned within 1 working day of receipt by the UKV&I; if an application is by post we can contact the UKV&I to arrange a quick passport return if this is needed.
- Please be aware, staff will still only be able to travel outside the UK before their original leave to remain expires, in the usual way.
HR welcome any feedback you have in relation to the benefits provided through the Premium Customer Service. Please let your HR Consultant or HR Assistant know of any experiences, good or bad, so we can feed back to the UKV&I.
HR Policy and Planning