Contacting HR

1-19 Torrington Place
9th and 10th Floors
London WC1E 7HB
Tel: +44 020 7679 1843

National Insurance

The appropriate national insurance contributions will be deducted from your salary and forwarded to H.M Revenue & Customs National Insurance Contributions Office together with your national insurance number. This number is normally located on your income tax form P45 which is provided by your former employer. If it is not and you have a separate record of it, please ensure that you quote it on your Staff Record form.

If you are new to the UK you will need to apply for a National Insurance (NI) number. If you are from one of the following countries UCL can assist you in obtaining your NI number using a ‘fast track’ application form, unless you are undertaking work on a casual contract: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or Switzerland.

The NI ‘fast track’ forms are available from HR Reception on 0207 679 5672 (internal 45672), emailing or by visiting the HR Counter, 9th floor, 1-19 Torrington Place (open Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm).

All other nationals must make an appointment directly with the Contact Centre at Job Centre Plus on 0845 6000 643.

For further information see

Men over 65 and women over 60 must provide a Certificate of Age Exception CA4140. Married women who have elected to pay a reduced rate of national insurance contributions must provide a Reduced Liability Certificate CA4139. Until they do so full contributions will be deducted.

If you wish to contact H.M Revenue & Customs National Insurance Contributions Office the details are as follows:

Benton Park View
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 122
Tel 08453021479

And further details are available via the following link: