1-19 Torrington Place
9th and 10th Floors
London WC1E 7HB
Tel: +44 020 7679 1843
NOTES AND FORM FOR PROPERTY OWNERS WISHING TO PLACE THEIR ACCOMMODATION WITH THIS SERVICE
University College London is a leading academic and research institution employing over 10,000 staff. As a large employer we attract academic staff and visitors from overseas and other parts of the country who seek temporary accommodation. Over the last 12 years the Human Resources Division has been involved in assisting with this search by providing contact details of property owners who let rooms, studios, flats and houses. There is no fee for this service to either property owners or prospective tenants.
Details of your accommodation will be placed on our database from which an up to date list can be given to potential tenants when they make an enquiry. The Accommodation Service cannot guarantee that your vacancy will be filled. However, leaving your details on our database will give exposure to a client group that might not otherwise be reached so directly. If your livelihood depends on your accommodation being rented, I would advise you to contact an agency and leave your details with us to act as a backup.
Below is a link to a form to be completed and returned. If we do succeed in finding you a tenant, or if you let your property independently, it is important that you let us know so we can keep the database up to date for future applicants and avoid unnecessary phone calls to you.
Please note we often need shorter letting durations from 2 months onwards. Longer letting periods are also needed but 2 - 6 month lets are often requested.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I RETURN MY FORM?
- The details of the accommodation on offer will be logged on the database.
Note: If you have more than one room or property to let please use one form for each
- Your contact details will appear on a Property List list along with other property owners whose accommodation meets the requirements of potential tenants.
- The Property List is given to potential tenants when they provide us with details of what they are seeking. This must include the type of accommodation, their affordable rent range and preferred location.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I LET MY ACCOMMODATION?
- If you decide to proceed with a letting please update us as soon as possible (details below).
- Note: This will help to limit enquiries made to you about accommodation that has already been let.
- Towards the end of a let, contact us if you want your details to appear on the Property List again, or if you decide to withdraw your details from the database.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Human Resources Division urges property owners to ensure that their property(ies) meet the required government safety standards and that you are fully aware of current legislation and your rights when letting property(ies)/rooms. For further information and advice contact your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or a Solicitor. The UCL Accommodation does have some information it can forward to you.
UCL reserves absolute discretion whether to use or not to use, and how to use, information supplied, and that submission of a form to UCL does not oblige UCL to add information to the database, make use of the information or advertise any particular property; that UCL reserves the right to withdraw information about any property or landlord at any time without notice, and that nothing in the website or form is intended to create a business relation of any kind with a property owner.