1-19 Torrington Place
9th and 10th Floors
London WC1E 7HB
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2000
UCL - NHS Interface Working Group Terms of Reference
The UCL-NHS Interface Working Group is set up with the purpose to co-ordinate the implementation of the Clinical Consultant Academic Contract as well as to implement joint working arrangements between UCL and its NHS Partners as outlined in the Follett Report recommendations.
University and NHS staff with academic and clinical duties on substantive and honorary contracts.
The UCL - NHS Interface Working Group will report to the Vice - Provost of Bio - Medicine, Prof Spyer.
- Develop joint working policies, procedures and protocols to integrate separate responsibilities between UCL and its NHS partners relating to, but not exclusive to:
- joint strategic planning bodies with joint subsidiary bodies
- disciplinary and grievance arrangements
- clarification of responsibilities, reporting lines and accountability for separate aspects of posts
- job descriptions
- appointments to posts with academic and clinical duties
- interdependent substantive and honorary contracts for clinical academics posts
- annual appraisal and performance review
- job planning and appropriate job plan mediation and appeal panels
- formal and informal partnership working
- collaboration in implementing the new Clinical Academic Contract.
Membership of the Interface Working Group:
Members include representatives from the Medical School, Post Graduate Institutes and Human Resources. They are as follow:
Medical School Administration
Prof Leon Fine
Institute of Child Health
Eastman Dental Institute
Institute of Ophthalmology
Institute of Neurology
Regular meetings will be held and relevant information will be made available on the UCL WebPages dedicated to Clinical Academics.