1-19 Torrington Place
9th and 10th Floors
London WC1E 7HB
Tel: +44 020 7679 1843
Checklist of issues to be considered by managers prior to job planning
- Understanding of current and new initiatives within the Faculty/Institute and Biomedicine more broadly (including Strategic Plans where they exist).
- Teaching commitments to be covered and relevant feedback from students
- Research plans for the department and grant funding bids in progress
- The resource base of the department or research group in terms of staff, skills mix, specialty, space and equipment etc.
- Knowledge of the relevant priorities in terms of the clinical service areas supported by the department.
- Any changes in service provision being contemplated by the NHS Trust.
- Responsibilities to the other employer(s) in the case of joint appointments
- Latest Personal Development Plan
- Clinical governance or ethics committees issues
- Royal College advice regarding workload or changes in clinical practice
- Staff development needs and opportunities