Medical Insurance in Astana
This Policy is only applicable to UCL staff seconded to Nazarbayev University, Astana, Kazakhstan
UCL has medical insurance with International SOS to ensure your health and security needs are taken care of in Astana. By calling International SOS you have guaranteed points of contact to help with any medical or security questions or problems - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, whilst travelling elsewhere or in an emergency.. All members of staff will receive a membership card.
You have access to International SOS' clinic in Astana to take care of your healthcare needs.
To make an appointment with a doctor please call +7 7172 580937
Normal opening hours of the clinic:
Monday- Friday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Address: 8, Beibitshilik str. (Grand Park Esil hotel building) Astana 010000
For emergency assistance the clinic is open 24/7/365 and should be called.
Primary medical care provided by the clinic includes:
- Expatriate and English-speaking family practice consultations
- Internationally trained Kazakhstani doctors
- Laboratory diagnostics in-house and out-sourced
- ECG services
- Minor surgical procedures and treatment
- Well-stocked pharmacy and medications supplied according to international standards and local legislation
- Complete range of vaccination services according to international standards (for adults and children)
- Referrals for treatment abroad
- Annual preventive medical check-ups
- Specialists consultations, X-ray, Ultrasound at third party facility
Emergency Medical Care Facilities
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Office/home visits in case of emergency
- Fully equipped ER complete with monitoring & emergency resuscitation equipment
- International SOS ground ambulance stationed in the clinic
- Organization and supervision of emergency medical evacuations/repatriation
- Organization of hospitalisation in emergencies
To learn more about services available at the clinic, please call +7 7172 580937 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the clinic access ISOS also provide Medical Membership
- International SOS have a team of medical professionals and security specialists available to help you to plan for a trip, while you travelling outside of Astana or after you return. You can telephone them at any time with any query.
- Save the International SOS Assistance Centre number in your phone (there are 27 around the world): Dubai is +971 4601 8777 and London is +44 208 762 8008
- Download the International SOS Assistance App prior to travel http://app.internationalsos.com. You will need Membership number: 14AYSA081285
- Check the International SOS website www.internationalsos.com for medical, practical and security information prior to departure.
- Enter 14AYSA081285 into the ‘Members Login’ and subscribe to email alerts for the location you are travelling to.
- Download the Membership App: The App provides immediate access to the assistance centre where medical, security or logistical experts are on hand to provide routine advice or support in an emergency. Up-to-date medical and security advice and real-time alerts for the locations you are travelling are then pushed to you.
On the ground
- Call an Assistance Centre anytime, anywhere. There is no question too big or too small.
- You will receive a Membership Card with all the details to access International SOS. Keep this card handy as you travel, live and work.
Please Note: Travel Insurance is governed by Section 6 of the Expatriate Employee Support Package.
Queries should be directed to UCL's Insurance Manager:
Mrs June Campbell
Insurance Manager, Finance Division, UCL, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Tel: +44 20 3108 3059 (internal: 53059)