Undergraduate Staff-Student Consultative Committee
The Undergraduate SSCC meets twice a year and is the primary opportunity for students to put forward any comments or suggestions regarding the department, teaching and degree programmes.
If you have any issues you would like to be raised at
the meeting, please contact one of the representative StARs. All names and contact details are listed in the membership list at the bottom of this page.
Terms of Reference:
1. To discuss follow-up action resulting from previous Departmental SSCC meetings, in particular any matter that was referred to the Departmental Staff meeting.
2. To comment upon the outcome of students' degree programme and course evaluation questionnaires and any consequent follow-up action.
3. To receive notification of any Departmental changes with respect to teaching, admissions, and assessment.
4. To comment upon any significant changes to Departmental policy which would have a direct consequence for teaching, admissions, and assessment.
5. To comment upon safety within the Department.
6. To comment upon physical resources within the Department e.g. computer/library facilities etc.
7. To make students aware of the Departmental Equal Opportunities Liaison Officer.
Constitution 2014-15 academic year onwards
Departmental Tutor (Chair) and at least one member of staff responsible for undergraduate students.
UCL Union St(udent) A(cademic) R(epresentative)s, ideally comprising at least one representative for each year group of the BA History, plus one each for BA Ancient History (or Ancient History & Egyptology), each of the four-year degree programmes, affiliate students, Ancient World Studies and European Social and Political Studies.
Full information about the policy, terms of reference and constitution of the Staff-Student Consultative Committee can be found in the Academic Manual - part 7.
Two per year
25 April 2012 (additional meeting)
Please note that as of the 2014-15 academic year the SSCC will be divided into two committees; one representing undergraduates only and the other representing postgraduates only.
Page last modified on 14 nov 14 13:00 by Emma J Patten