With reference to the Data Protection Act (1998), you should note the following:
- Your photograph will be made available via Portico to members of staff.
- We may wish to display photographs/videos of departmental activities for publicity purposes.
- The UCL Development Office may wish to use your photograph in a UCL publication, e.g. as a news item or to publicise a future event.
- Students’ UCL email addresses are publicly available in the UCL online Directory.
- Other contact details held by the Department or in Portico are available only to members of UCL staff and will not be disclosed to anyone else without your permission.
- The Department may wish to publish student names and UCL email addresses on its website – e.g. those of the members of the Staff-Student Consultative Committee.
- Any records generated when you access e-learning resources, such as Moodle, are subject to the Data Protection Act.
- Marked written work will be returned to you in person. Essays not collected by the end of the year will be disposed of confidentially.
- Degree Results will be displayed, by student or candidate number only, on the notice board. You will receive your individual examination marks in a final transcript from the Examinations section of the Registry.
- The Department will confirm your student status to outside agencies, such as landlords.
- If you wish your tutor to provide references for a prospective employer, please ask permission before giving their name.
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal information by the Department or UCL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Page last modified on 11 aug 14 16:47 by Jasmine Gane