Undergraduate Studies in the Department
FINALISTS: The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views this term.
Final-year* undergraduate students are encouraged to complete the 2013 National Student Survey (NSS) which is being run this term.
The NSS provides valuable information to departments to help improve the student experience. Its feedback has previously helped inform:
- the introduction of UCL-wide service standards on assessment and feedback on marked work;
- improvements to pastoral care for students including the enhanced Personal Tutor arrangements;
- improvements to learning resources, with results fed back to the Library, Information Services Division and Estates and Facilities Division;
- local action taken by faculties and departments to address student concerns.
Results of previous surveys can be found on the UCL Academic Support web-site NSS page (documents password protected for UCL students and staff).
Students are asked to complete the survey by Ipsos MORI, the opinion poll organisation. It consists of 23 questions to be answered using a scale from 1 (the lowest) to 5 (the highest) and you also have the chance to comment on your experience, both positive and negative. You can also use a non-applicable response for any questions which do not apply to you.
Please give your views on your experience at UCL of teaching, academic support, learning resources and other academic matters by participating in the survey.
It should take no more than five minutes to complete.
Please go online to http://www.thestudentsurvey.com/ to fill in the survey.
* In some cases, students, particularly on programmes with a 3 or 4 year option, may be surveyed in their penultimate year.
Page last modified on 12 feb 13 11:11 by SRP