Staff-Student Consultative Committee
The Postgraduate SSCC meets twice a year and is the primary opportunity for students to put forward any comments or suggestions regarding the department, teaching and degree programmes.
If you have any issues you would like to be raised at the meeting, please contact one of the reps. The SSCC will meet on the following dates:
1-2pm, 13 November 2014
1-2pm, 12 March 2015
The Postgraduate Student Representatives for 2014/15 are as follows:
Terms of Reference:
1. To discuss follow-up action resulting from previous Departmental SSCC meetings, in particular any matter that was referred to the Departmental Staff meeting.
2. To comment upon the outcome of students' degree programme and course evaluation questionnaires and any consequent follow-up action.
3. To receive notification of any Departmental changes with respect to teaching, admissions, and assessment.
4. To comment upon any significant changes to Departmental policy which would have a direct consequence for teaching, admissions, and assessment.
5. To comment upon safety within the Department.
6. To comment upon physical resources within the Department e.g. computer/library facilities etc.
7. To make students aware of the Departmental Equal Opportunities Liaison Officer.
Constitution 2014-15 academic year onwards
Departmental Tutor (Chair), at least one member of staff responsible for research students and at least one member of staff responsible for taught Masters’ students.
UCL Union St(udent) A(cademic) R(epresentative)s, ideally comprising at least one from the History Department MA programmes (History, European History, Dutch Golden Age, Chinese Health & Humanity), two representatives from the interdisciplinary and intercollegiate MA programmes (Ancient History, MARS, TNS, History of Political Thought & Intellectual History), and two research student representatives.
Full information about the policy, terms of reference and constitution of the Staff-Student Consultative Committee can be found in the Academic Manual - part 7.
Please note that as of the 2014-15 academic year the SSCC has been divided into two committees; one representing undergraduates only and the other representing postgraduates only. For minutes and membership for the joint SSCC pre-2014 academic year, please visit the UG SSCC website.
Page last modified on 18 dec 14 14:43 by Emma J Patten