History New Events Pub
- 9 Jan-27 Apr 2012: Rousseau 300: Exhibition
- 20 Apr 2012: Special performance of Le Devin du Village
- 25 Jan 2012: Public Talk 'The Thing Is... Magic Manuscripts'
- 13 Mar 2012: Centre for Transnational History Annual Lecture 2012
- 29 Mar 2012: Neale Lecture and Colloquium
- 29 February 2012: The Volterra Lecture
- 19-21 Apr 2012: Rousseau 300: Conference & Opera
- 27 Nov 2012: Inaugural Lecture - Professor Hans van Wees
- 20 October 2012: Medieval Diplomatics Workshop
- 14-15 May 2012: London Graduate Conference in the History of Political Thought
- 14 June 2012: International History Conference in Honour of Professor Kathleen Burk
14-15 May 2012: London Graduate Conference in the History of Political Thought
Publication date: Apr 30, 2012 4:38:44 PM
May 14, 2012 9:00:00 AM
End: May 15, 2012 7:00:00 PM
Location: Senate House, University of London
The Third Annual London Graduate Conference in the History of Political Thought.
Since antiquity, political associations, institutions and
identities have long been tied to the possession and cultivation of property.
The aim of this year’s conference is to consider interrelated themes of
property, dominium and self-ownership in the history of political thought. In
addition, as 2012 marks the fiftieth anniversary of the publication of C. B.
Macpherson’s groundbreaking work, The Political Theory of Possessive
Individualism, we shall consider the legacy and continued relevance of
Please click here for the programme
Page last modified on 30 apr 12 16:27 by Emma J Patten