History New Events Pub
- 9 Jan-27 Apr 2012: Rousseau 300: Exhibition
- 20 Apr 2012: Special performance of Le Devin du Village
- 25 Jan 2012: Public Talk 'The Thing Is... Magic Manuscripts'
- 13 Mar 2012: Centre for Transnational History Annual Lecture 2012
- 29 Mar 2012: Neale Lecture and Colloquium
- 29 February 2012: The Volterra Lecture
- 19-21 Apr 2012: Rousseau 300: Conference & Opera
- 27 Nov 2012: Inaugural Lecture - Professor Hans van Wees
- 20 October 2012: Medieval Diplomatics Workshop
- 14-15 May 2012: London Graduate Conference in the History of Political Thought
- 14 June 2012: International History Conference in Honour of Professor Kathleen Burk
27 Nov 2012: Inaugural Lecture - Professor Hans van Wees
Publication date: Mar 14, 2012 4:55:29 PM
Nov 27, 2012 6:30:00 PM
End: Nov 27, 2012 8:30:00 PM
'Luxury and austerity in ancient Greece'
Venue TBC - 6.30pm
Professor Hans van Wees
Hans van Wees specialises in the social and economic history of early Greece, archaic and classical Greek warfare, and the use of iconographical and comparative evidence in the study of the ancient Greek world. He has written two books on topics within these fields, Status warriors: war, violence and society in Homer and history (1992) and Greek warfare: myths and realities (2004), and (co-)edited six volumes on archaic Greece; war, violence and competition; and Herodotus.
Page last modified on 14 mar 12 15:26 by Emma J Patten